Nikon 1 J1 and Nikon 1 J5 are two mirrorless cameras, but with different features. This article give an overview of these features.
Although they both have 1” sensors, Nikon 1 J1 has a 10.0MP while Nikon 1 J5 has a 21.0 MP resolution. Others comparable features are:
Take a look: Nikon 1 J1 vs. Nikon 1 V1.
– Both cameras have equal number of lenses which are Nikon 1 lens. However none of them has sensor-based image stabilization. Therefore, you have to buy lenses with optical stabilization features.
– In terms of daily photography Nikon 1 J1 and Nikon 1J5 are more or less similar.
– It should also be noted that Nikon 1 J5is 3g lighter than Nikon 1 J1 though this may not make a significant difference.
– Nikon 1 J5 has 21.0MP sized BSI-CMOS sensor that provides 11Mp more than Nikon 1 J1 sensor which has a 10.0MP sized CMOS sensor. This gives a significant advantage in real life. That is, you can print your image larger or crop it more freely
– Nikon 1 J5 sensor lacks anti- alias filter which increases the sharpness and level of detail. However, it may increase the chance of moire occurring in certain scenes.
– Nikon 1 J5 enabled besides,it has a stereo microphone which allows you to record audio files or movies, unlike Nikon 1 J1 which is neither Wi-Fi enabled nor has a stereo microphone.
– Nikon 1 J5 has a touch screen hence fewer buttons. In addition, it has time lapse function and therefore, a series of photographs can be taken from the same position over a long period and joined together to create a short video. These features are not found in Nikon 1 J1.
Nikon 1 J1 vs. Nikon 1 J5
From the above, it is evident that Nikon 1 J5 is more advanced and has more features than Nikon 1 J1. These extra features make latter more unique and preferable than its cousin.