If you are a photography enthusiast and are not sure which camera to choose among “Ricoh theta s” and “360 fly”, below is the comparison of specs, quality, specialty and the price.
Ricoh Theta S: This camera is known for its premium and elegant refined body design that has cool elements like injection molding, still image / video capture switching button, compact size and light weight of around 125 g.
360fly: It has a stylish waterproof design with the microphone plug properly inserted. It is lightweight and comes in a stunning, compact shape that makes it a sleek option for you.
· Ricoh Theta S has a 14.50 megapixel resolution, whereas 360fly has a 12 megapixel camera for images and around 2MP for videos.
· Ricoh Theta S has a 1 / 2.3 inch CMOS sensor x 2, whereas 360fly has CMOS image sensor with 2.26 total megapixels that allows you to shoot 1504 x 1504 pixels resolution.
· Ricoh Theta S has a newly developed F 2.0 lens, whereas 360fly has an AAC Lens Type – 8 Element Glass Ultra-Fisheye Lens Aperture – F2.5.
· Ricoh Theta S has No / No LCD, whereas 360fly has a field of view of 360 degrees.
· Ricoh Theta S claims to offer superior image quality in different conditions, whereas 360fly produces high quality images irrespective of the conditions you use it in.
· Ricoh Theta S has a built-in Lithium Ion battery which lasts for about 260 shots per charge and 360fly has a rechargeable Lithium battery with a battery life for up to 2 hours of continuous video recording.
· Ricoh Theta S is not waterproof, whereas 360fly has a waterproof design down to 120 feet.
· Ricoh Theta S isn’t shatterproof and 360fly is shock resistant up to 1.5 M but not shatter proof.
Ricoh Theta S vs. 360 Fly
All that being said, the price points which alters our choices are 350$ for Ricoh Theta S and 399$ for 360fly though the difference isn’t huge Ricoh Theta S is 50$ less compared to 360fly which is priced quite right for its additional waterproof feature.